Friday, May 4, 2012

Don't Hate Me Because I've Got it Good

I do a lot of different things; like any long-distance sailor, I'll try my hand at any number of jobs that require a bit of know-how.  I've even gotten used to the pace of learning new skills on the boat - you count on doing a half-ass job the first time around, and from the second time on you find that you can do it a bit better.

But one thing that I do not do, unless you count making coffee and oatmeal in the morning, is cook.

Alisa is the cook for our family.  She's really good at it, and I figure there has to be at least one job on board that I hardly ever do.


Actually, Alisa is really really really good at keeping the team well-fed in spite of the various exigencies of rolling boat, irregular provisioning and clamoring kids.  If you want independent confirmation of how well she treats us, take a look at our friend Zoya's account of eating the Galactic way.

2 comments: