Monday, August 2, 2010

Get Me Rewrite!

































Well, I met my self-imposed deadline for finishing the first draft of my manuscript about our trip across the Pacific.  I got it done before Eric was born, even if it did take the fortuitous circumstance of his being born six days after his due date for me to make the deadline.


For a while now I've been mentally setting aside August for the rewrite that will get me from first draft to second draft.  For the last week I've been marking up the first seventy pages or so (see the examples above), and today I actually sat down and started writing.


And...it was kind of fun.  This is a new experience for me and this manuscript.  For the most part, I've found writing it to be about as much fun as drilling a hole in one of my own teeth.


Anyway, I have high hopes that I can knock out a one-month rewrite.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment